Wednesday 17 March 2010

Week 6

In this week's lecture, we learned about virtual worlds. The main one that we concentrated on is Second Life.

I spent some time creating my avatar and navigating the site, and was very impressed with the graphics. I found navigating my avatar very time consuming and after spending about an hour in Second Life, I found it rather boring and pointless. To be honest I probably won't use at again in the future. I really don't understand why anyone would spend their hard earned cash buying clothing for their online avatar, or even worse, buying themselves an island! I would much rather spend both my time and my money in the real world.

This week I am going to spend my time working on my group presentation. My role within the team is to research how we could use the social networking site LinkedIn to benefit Peckish Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment